- "Tackling Poverty Problems with Social Innovation"
Participating teams should develop an innovative solution to a social issue under one or more of the following sub-themes and formulate a business plan:
- Care for Elderly
- Food Support
- Social Inclusion
Application and Entry Submission Procedures
- Participants of the Competition should be students of full-time post-secondary education programmes (including but not limited to diploma, associate degree, undergraduate and postgraduate programmes) of a local tertiary institution during the academic year 2016/17.
- A team may comprise a minimum of one person and a maximum of four persons. At least one member of the team must be a permanent resident of Hong Kong aged 18 or above at the deadline of submission on 13 January 2017.
- A team may comprise participants from different institutions.
- Each participant can only join one team.
Participating teams should submit the following to the organisers by mail, in person, by delivery services or by e-mail on or before 13 January 2017:
- a completed application form; and
- a preliminary business plan (in Chinese or English) which comprises the following:
- Six PowerPoint slides covering the following aspects:
- Social issue(s) to be addressed
- Objective(s) of the business plan
- Solution to the issue(s) identified
- Target beneficiaries
- Effectiveness in poverty alleviation and/or social inclusion
- Feasibility to implement and sustain
- One Executive Summary of the business plan within two A4 pages
- Submission Procedures
- For submissions by mail, in person, or by delivery services, one duly completed application form and three sets of hardcopies of the preliminary business plan should be submitted.
- For submissions by e-mail, submissions should be made to firstname.lastname@example.org
- For submissions by mail, in person or by delivery services, submissions should be made to the organisers' office at:
41/F, Revenue Tower, 5 Gloucester Road, Wanchai.
- For submissions by mail, submissions with mail stamps dated no later than 13 January 2017 would be accepted. For submissions in person or by delivery services, submissions should reach the organisers' office by 5:00 p.m. on 13 January 2017 (according to the Hong Kong Standard Time announced by the Hong Kong Observatory). For submissions by e-mail, submissions should reach the organisers' e-mail by 5:00 p.m. of 13 January 2017 (according to the time of the computer system of the organisers).
- The submitted business plans will be assessed by the Judging Panel based on the following criteria
- Relevancy to theme
- Ways of expression
- Five teams will be selected to enter the Final Pitching. The result will be announced on the Competition website and the winning teams will be individually informed by the organisers. Teams not selected may not be individually notified.
- Best Technology Application Award will be resulted from the preliminary stage for the business plan having the best application of technology.
Social Media Marketing
- The organisers will arrange mentors to provide professional guidance to the shortlisted teams:
- One-to-one guidance by CEO to individual team.
- Guidance by a pool of subject experts.
Public Voting Campaign
- Shortlisted teams are required to set up a social media platform account to communicate their business plan to the public.
- Social Media Award will be given to the team with the best social media marketing campaign.
- Shortlisted teams are required to produce a short video to promote their business plans.
- Such videos will be uploaded to a public voting website hosted by the organisers for public voting. Most Liked Award will be given to the team with the highest number of votes in the public voting.
- The shortlisted teams will compete for various awards in an ultimate playoff in which they have to sell and defend their business plans before the Judging Panel.
Terms and Conditions