In light of the latest developments of COVID-19, details regarding activities published in this website may change. Please refer to websites or other announcements of the organisers for latest arrangements.
Hong Kong Fostering ICT Awards Scheme
Hong Kong Fostering ICT Awards Scheme (FICTAS) is funded by the Office of the Government Chief Information Officer and supported by the Education Bureau. FICTAS aims to encourage secondary schools to implement the IT Innovation Laboratory Project, which will arrange twelve free online workshops for students and teachers to enhance secondary school students’ interest in IT and improve their computational thinking and innovation skills. In addition, this programme will be able to encourage secondary school students to choose technology-related education and careers.
In addition, the programme will enable students to practice through a competition.
Trophies, IT equipment vouchers with total value over HKD$100,000, certificate of participation.
– Gold (500 participants attend webinars/ workshops)
– Silver (300 participants attend webinars/ workshops)
– Bronze (100 participants attend webinars/ workshops)
– Gold (Attend at least 80% of courses and participate in competition)
– Silver (Attend at least 80% of courses and complete a simple quiz)
– Bronze (Attend at least 50% of courses and complete a simple quiz)
All secondary schools in Hong Kong in particular outreach to schools that did not participate in EITP-related activities previously.