[Career] Advice on Finding and Adapting to a Job
Feeling anxious about your first job hunt? Don’t worry! From CV writing to job searching, we have compiled a list of resources to solve your problems!
1. Job Hunting Briefcase
- Choose your career
- Job Application
- Application letter & CV template
- Questions frequently asked during the interview
- Interview follow-up and evaluation
- Beware of employment traps
2. Youth.gov.hk – Job Seeking
- Methods of job seeking
- Points to note when applying for jobs
- Employment traps
- Job interview strategies
Lastly, after being employed, you may feel puzzled about your new job. Don’t worry. Remember the following points and complete your job assignments step by step, then you will be able to adapt to the new environment quickly.
1. Be friendly and modest: be sincere, friendly and modest.
2. Create nice impression: be punctual; act and dress properly to create a good impression.
3. Concentrate on your work: Remember to finish your job in time.
4. Approach your boss or colleague for guidance: When you encounter any difficulties or have doubts about your job, try to work out the solution by yourself first. In case you have no idea how to solve them, seek for assistance from your boss or colleagues politely.
5. Maintain good relationship: Good communication is built up by more listening, less speaking.
Visit Youth Employment Start – How to adapt yourself to a new environment? for more details. If you want to know more about the attributes that make you an ideal employee, you may also refer to the attached articles "Attributes of Favorable Employees" and "Attributes of Unfavorable Employees".