[Construction Industry] The Intermediate Tradesman Collaborative Training Scheme
The Intermediate Tradesman Collaborative Training Scheme (ITCTS) follows "First-hire-then-train" approach. Trainees are first employed by the employer, then they will receive an initial training provided by the CIC with up to HK$10,200/month allowance. After the initial training, trainees will undergo on-site training provided by the employer. During on-site training period, trainees can get at least HK$13,400 monthly salary. At the end of training, trainees are required to take the relevant Intermediate Trade Test (ITT) / Certification Test provided by the CIC. Trainees who pass the ITT / Certification Test will be awarded a one-off bonus of HK$10,000.
Mode of Training
- Initial training provided by CIC
- On-site training provided by the employer
- Aged 18 or above; and
- Hong Kong residents and have permit to work in Hong Kong; and
- For those who have not taken the below courses within one year:
(i) Full-time Short Course/Enhanced Construction Manpower Training Scheme (ECMTS) offered by Construction Industry Council (CIC) or Hong Kong Institute of Construction (HKIC);or
(ii) Other full-time training courses offered by CIC or HKIC or other training bodies funded by CIC or HKIC;or
- For those who have not taken CIC’s or HKIC's Technician programmes within two years.
- To ensure the optimal use of training places, holders of trade test or intermediate trade test qualification are not eligible to participate in the Scheme of relevant trades.
Employers may have other requirements. The applicant may consult the employer directly.
Enquiry: 2100 9000
For details, please visit Construction Industry Council website. For more information about the Recruitment Day in 2023, please subscribe online in the website of Hong Kong Institute of Construction.
Here below is the sharing of students from Hong Kong Institute of Construction. (The video is broadcasted in Cantonese)