Tips for DSE Students on Relief of Stress
It is natural for students sitting for the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education Examination (DSE) to feel worried. You may worry about your prospects as well as possible changes to come. Amid the epidemic, you may also experience exceptional challenges when preparing for the DSE. Proper management of negative emotions and stress would help your maintain a good condition fit for facing future challenges.
- Plan in advance
Collect information on study and career in advance, and write down a few mock plans and options. You would feel more at ease with more concrete information at hand.
- Keep open for alternatives
Stay positive about various possible scenarios. Remind yourself that “there are more choices and alternatives than what we expect”, and try to make back up career and study plans that are suitable for you.
- Seek advice
You may receive loads of information on further study. Advice from your teachers or peers with experience can ease your concerns. Share your views honestly with your parents enables them to understand you more and thus help you to make better choices.
- Enjoy the moment
If you start to feel worried, remind yourself that not much can be done to change the plans and extra worries will not help. Work out a daily schedule, focus on the present and enjoy some relaxing activities to free yourself from anxiety.
- Look for support
Gather with your family and friends to relax and share with each other experience and ways of managing stress and anxiety. You may also share with them your stress before the release of the exam results via video calls amid the epidemic.
Seek support immediately if you experience persistent negative emotions.
Feeling stressed after the exam results are released? No worries, stay tuned to our website for information on stress relief after the release of the exam results.
Last but not least, we wish each and every DSE candidates the best: do your best and no regrets!
- Student Health Service, Department of Health: Emotional Health Tips
- The Hong Kong Jockey Club Centre for Suicide Research and Prevention, The University of Hong Kong (Chinese only)
- Student Health Service, Department of Health: Exam Stress Management
- Student Health Service, Department of Health: Stress of Exam Results
- Hok Yau Club & Radio Television Hong Kong: Podcast Online“Time to strive for DSE" (Chinese only)
- Shall We Talk: Practical Tips on Managing DSE Stress
- Hong Kong Federation of Youth Groups: Supporting Zone of DSE (Chinese only)