[Career] Ways to Get Employed
Some of you may have thought about your career plans and considered getting employed. We have prepared some related career information for you.
You can obtain information of vacancies through the following channels:
1. Employment Services of Government
- Interactive Employment Service of the Labour Department
2. Newspaper/ Professional Magazine/ Recruitment Notice on Street/ Internet Advertisement
3. Recruitment Day/ Careers Exhibition (Applicants are required to register the events at the designated location and time, please remember to bring your identity cards, recent photos, qualification proof and employment proof.)
4. Referral by Relatives/ Friends
5. Unsolicited Applications (Common practice for the Banking, Advertising, Hotel, Catering and Education and some professional industries)
6. Private Employment Agency (There may be service charges occurred. According to the Employment Agencies Regulations, the maximum commission allowed to be charged by an employment agency for a successfully arranged job should be an amount not exceeding one-tenth of the job seeker’s first-month salary)
Please visit “A Guide to Job Hunting” of Labour Department for more details.
Opportunities in the Government
Apart from the job vacancies in the private market, the government also offers numerous job opportunities that may suit you. Interested students can get more information from below links:
- Applying for Government Jobs: Government jobs for both civil service posts and non-civil service positions.
- DSE Way out: Government Jobs: The qualification requirements of government jobs
- Youth.gov.hk - Gov Job: A list of government job vacancies