Fintech Career Accelerator Scheme (FCAS) – Gap Year Placement Programme
Together with the Hong Kong Monetary Authority (HKMA), the Hong Kong Applied Science and Technology Research Institute (ASTRI) launched the Fintech Career Accelerator Scheme (FCAS), which is the first fintech internship scheme led by a regulatory agency and a research institute. The scheme aims to cultivate and sculpt the right talents to sustain banking, finance and business services, and retain Hong Kong’s competitiveness as an international financial hub.
Gap Year Placement Programme
Under FCAS, the Gap Year Placement Programme is jointly launched by HKMA, ASTRI, Cyberport, and Hong Kong Science and Technology Parks Corporation. It is a full-time, semester-based internship in which interns will work on fintech projects at HKMA, banks (including virtual banks) or stored value facility operators for six months or one year and receive technology training and regulatory updates.
Besides, HKMA partners with the Insurance Authority (IA) to launch a new ‘insurance track’ to broaden the scope of fintech internship offerings to cover the insurance sector, and to allow a slash working arrangement for students to flexibly work for both banks and insurance firms.
- To expand the talent pool for the development of the fintech sector in Hong Kong by giving students early exposure to the sector;
- To nurture fintech talent by offering practical industry experience through internships; and
- To provide opportunities for the industry to identify and recruit young talent.
- Undergraduates or postgraduates.
- Relevant disciplines: Engineering, Computer Science, Sciences, Business & Finance, and Law.
- Strong interest and motivation to learn and explore fintech.
Please refer to the HKMA website for the application method and more details.
Below is a video on the "Fintech Career Accelerator Scheme 2020/2021" sharing session organised by Cyberport in 2020 for reference.