Member Self-recommendation Scheme for Youth
The Member Self-recommendation Scheme for Youth (“MSSY”) is one of the key initiatives of youth development as set out in the Chief Executive’s 2022 Policy Address and the Youth Development Blueprint. To engage more young people in public affairs and enhance their interaction and trust with the Government, action is in hand to expand the MSSY, with a view to tripling the number of participating advisory committees from around 60 at present to no less than 180 within the current term of the Government to enhance their functions as talent "incubators". Person aged between 18 and 35, and with the commitment to serve the community, are now invited to apply for MSSY Phase VI and self-nominate to become members of specified government advisory committees. For details, please visit the website of Home and Youth Affairs Bureau.
The 20 participating committees for MSSY Phase VI are as follows -
1. Tripartite Taskforce on Manpower Training (Aviation)
2. Human Resources Planning Commission
3. Trade and Industry Advisory Board
4. Advisory Committee on Promotion of Arbitration
5. Enterprise Support Scheme Assessment Panel
6. Committee on Self-financing Post-secondary Education
7. Intangible Cultural Heritage Advisory Committee
8. Commission on Children
9. Advisory Council on Food and Environmental Hygiene
10. Steering Committee on Construction Innovation and Technology Fund
11. Committee on Promotion of Breastfeeding
12. Award Council of the Hong Kong Award for Young People
13. Hong Kong Fleet Operation Advisory Committee
14. Statistics Advisory Board
15. Rehabilitation Advisory Committee
16. Stamp Advisory Committee
17. Cantonese Opera Development Fund Advisory Committee
18. Sub-committee on Youth and Capacity Building under the Council for Carbon Neutrality and Sustainable Development
19. Assessment Panel of the Innovation and Technology Fund for Application in Elderly and Rehabilitation Care
20. Constitution and Basic Law Promotion Steering Committee
Each of the above committees will offer respectively two seats for appointment. The Assessment Panels will consider whether the applicant meets the following three conditions: strong commitment to serve the community; good understanding of the policy area concerned; and good analytical and communication skills. Following the principle of meritocracy, the government aims to, through the MSSY, recruit young people who have the commitment to serve the community and the ability to contribute to the committees concerned for recommending to the relevant bureaux/departments for consideration of appointment.
Application Deadline：29 June 2023 (Thu) at 11:59 p.m.
Know more about MSSY with the sharing of young appointees!
For details, please visit the website of Home and Youth Affairs Bureau.