Member Self-recommendation Scheme for Youth Phase V (Application period ended)
To provide more opportunities for young people to participate in policy discussions, the Government has been committed to appointing more young people to government advisory committees, and have regularised the Member Self-recommendation Scheme for Youth (MSSY) and expanded it to cover more boards and committees. Young people aged between 18 and 35, and with a commitment to serve the community are encouraged to apply for MSSY. For details, please visit the website of Home and Youth Affairs Bureau.
Starting from Phase IV, the number of participating committees has increased from 10 to 15, covering a wider spectrum of policy areas. The 15 participating committees for MSSY Phase V are as follows -
1. Lantau Conservation Fund Advisory Committee
2. Committee on Research and Development of Chinese Medicines
3. Antiquities Advisory Board
4. Hong Kong Council on Smoking and Health
5. Hong Kong Logistics Development Council
6. Tourism Strategy Group
7. Committee on Venue Partnership
8. Innovation and Technology Venture Fund Advisory Committee
9. Committee on the Support Programme for Employees with Disabilities
10. CreateSmart Initiative Vetting Committee
11. Steering Committee on Strategic Development of Information Technology in Education
12. New Energy Transport Fund Steering Committee
13. Advisory Committee on Agriculture and Fisheries
14. Environment and Conservation Fund Committee
15. Advisory Committee on Arts Development
Each of the above committees will offer respectively two seats for appointment. The Assessment Panels will consider whether the applicant meets the following three conditions: strong commitment to serve the community; good understanding of the policy area concerned; and good analytical and communication skills. Following the principle of meritocracy, the government aims to, through the MSSY, recruit young people who have the commitment to serve the community and the ability to contribute to the committees concerned for recommending to the relevant bureaux/departments for consideration of appointment.
Know more about MSSY with the sharing of young appointees!
For details, please visit the website of Home and Youth Affairs Bureau.