Red Leaves Express of Sweet Gum Woods of Tai Lam Country Park (2022-2023)
The Sweet Gum Woods in Tai Lam Country Park is a popular spot for enjoying autumn foliage every year. This year, don’t forget to wear a mask and keep social distancing when you are visiting the Woods for red leaves. You may also make reference to the Special Traffic News disseminated by Transport Department before setting off your trip.
Location of the Red Leaves: Sweet Gum Woods
Map: Tai Tong Shan Road
Take MTR bus route no. K66 at MTR Long Ping Station / Yuen Long Town or red minibuses at Hung Min Court and get off at Tai Tong Shan Road bus station. Walk along Tai Tong Shan Road uphill for about 60 minutes to reach Sweet Gum Woods. (*Please take note of the special traffic news from the Transport Department before setting off.)
Special Traffic Arrangement
MTR will operate a special service on Route K66A on 20.11.2022 and 27.11.2022, and on Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays between 3.12.2022 and 15.1.2023, from Long Ping Station to Tai Tong Shan Road (MTR Hotline: 2881 8888).
The section of Tai Tong Shan Road between the Pavilion and Tai Tong Shan Road Car Park will be intermittently closed to all vehicular traffic from about 7.00 a.m. to 7.00 p.m. daily on Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays from 3 December 2022 (Saturday) to 15 January 2023 (Sunday).
Points to note:
1) Please wear a mask, maintain good personal hygiene and keep social distancing.
2) Share the use of the forest track. Safety comes first. Watch out for vehicles/bicycles.
3) Share the natural scenery, refrain from stepping on or picking plants.
4) Keep country parks clean. Sweet Gum Woods is a bin-free trail. Please take your litter home.
5) Avoid one-off disposables. Let's go plastic-free.