What you need to know when applying for EO II (Executive Officer II)
Roles and Duties
Executive Officers are professional managers who specialise in resource and system management. Posted around different government policy bureaux and departments, they enjoy a wide variety of work and have the opportunity to work with people of different backgrounds. They will be provided with structured training at various stages of their career to develop them into professional resource and system managers.
The Government looks for quality people with leadership potential and commitment. Executive Officers should have good analytical ability and judgement, as well as good interpersonal and communication skills. They should also be versatile and innovative. Above all, we look for talents who share the Grade's vision to serve Hong Kong by providing the highest quality of service in the management of public organisations.
2023-24 Recruitment Exercise Timeline
- Application Period for the Executive Officer II (EOII) Post -> Begins in mid-September 2023
- Joint Administrative Officer / Executive Officer / Labour Officer / Trade Officer / Management Services Officer / Transport Officer Recruitment Examination (JRE) -> 2 December 2023 (tentative)
- Selection Interview -> February to May 2024 (tentative)
- Earliest Batch of Offers of Appointments (subject to clearance of all recruitment formalities) -> May 2024 (tentative)
*The above information on timeline is for reference only.
a. a bachelor's degree from a university in Hong Kong, or equivalent; and
b. a Pass result in the Aptitude Test paper in the Common Recruitment Examination (CRE); and
c. a good command of both Chinese and English and have met the language proficiency requirements of "Level 2" results in the two language papers (Use of Chinese and Use of English) in the CRE (or equivalent results); and
d. a Pass result in the Basic Law and National Security Law Test (BLNST) (Degree / Professional Grades).
1. Starting Salary: The entry pay for an Executive Officer II is Master Pay Scale Point 15 which is at present HK$34,060 per month
2. Annual Vacation Leave: Annual vacation leave of 18 days per year
3. Fringe Benefits - medical and dental benefits; housing benefits
For more details, please visit the website of Civil Service Bureau.
Applicants could watch the video below for better preparation of the interview.
(The video is broadcasted in Cantonese)