What you need to know when applying for EO II (Executive Officer II)
Roles and Duties
Executive Officers are professional managers who specialise in resource and system management. Posted around different government policy bureaux and departments, they enjoy a wide variety of work and have the opportunity to work with people of different backgrounds. They will be provided with structured training at various stages of their career to develop them into professional resource and system managers.
The Government looks for quality people with leadership potential and commitment. Executive Officers should have good analytical ability and judgement, as well as good interpersonal and communication skills. They should also be versatile and innovative. Above all, we look for talents who share the Grade's vision to serve Hong Kong by providing the highest quality of service in the management of public organisations.
2021-22 Recruitment Exercise Timeline
- Application Period for the Executive Officer II (EOII) Post -> 18 Sept 2021 to 8 Oct 2021 5:00pm. (The recruitment is closed)
- Joint Administrative Officer / Executive Officer / Labour Officer / Trade Officer / Management Services Officer / Transport Officer Recruitment Examination (JRE) -> Early December 2021
- Selection Interview -> February to May 2022
- Earliest Batch of Offers of Appointments (subject to clearance of all recruitment formalities) -> End of April 2022
*The above information on timeline is for reference only.
a. a bachelor's degree from a university in Hong Kong, or equivalent; and
b. Level 2 in the two language papers (Use of Chinese and Use of English) in the Common Recruitment Examination (CRE) or equivalent results ;
c. a Pass result in the Aptitude Test paper in the CRE; and
d. a Pass result in the Basic Law Test (BLT) (Degree / Professional Grades).
1. Starting Salary
The entry pay for an Executive Officer II is Master Pay Scale Point 15 which is at present HK$31,750 per month
2. Annual Vacation Leave
Annual vacation leave of 18 days per year
3. Fringe Benefits - medical and dental benefits.
4. Fringe Benefits - housing benefits.
For more details, please visit the website of Civil Service Bureau.
The application for Executive Officer II (EOII) Post for 2021-22 is closed. Applicants could watch the video below for better preparation of the interview.
(The video is broadcasted in Cantonese)