What you need to know when applying for MSO II (Management Services Officer II)
Roles and Duties
Management Services Officers (MSOs) are the main members of the Efficiency Office. As management consultants, MSOs help policy bureaux and departments find opportunities for improvement, facilitate and implement change, and accelerate innovation and technology adoption for better services. Types of consultancies include business process re-engineering, departmental management reviews, organisational review, performance measurement, design thinking, knowledge management, shared services, public sector innovation, information technology application studies, streamlining of government services and reviews on business facilitation as well as market and financial analysis.
Deployment of MSOs
MSOs may be posted to work in different policy bureaux and departmental units. They work in close partnership with colleagues of different grades in providing service in the areas of general consulting, resource management and other specialised fields.
1. a bachelor's degree from a university in Hong Kong, or equivalent; and
2. a Pass result in the Aptitude Test paper in the Common Recruitment Examination (CRE); and
3. a good command of both Chinese and English and have met the language proficiency requirements of Level 2 in the two language papers (Use of Chinese and Use of English) in the CRE, or equivalent; and
4. a Pass result in the Basic Law Test (BLT) (Degree / Professional Grades).
1. Starting Salary: The entry pay for an Management Services Officer II is Master Pay Scale Point 14 which is at present HK$32,430 per month
2. Annual Vacation Leave: Annual vacation leave of 18 days per year
3. Fringe Benefits: medical and dental benefits; housing benefits
For more details, please visit the website of Efficiency Office.
Applicants could watch the video below for better preparation of the interview.
(The video is broadcasted in Cantonese)