What you need to know when applying for MSO II (Management Services Officer II)
Roles and Duties
Management Services Officers (MSOs) are the main members of the Efficiency Office. As management consultants, MSOs help policy bureaux and departments find opportunities for improvement, facilitate and implement change, and accelerate innovation and technology adoption for better services. Types of consultancies include business process re-engineering, departmental management reviews, organisational review, performance measurement, design thinking, knowledge management, shared services, public sector innovation, information technology application studies, streamlining of government services and review on business facilitation as well as market and financial analysis.
Deployment of MSOs
MSOs may be posted to work in different policy bureaux and departments of the Government. They work in close partnership with colleagues of different grades in providing service in the areas of general consulting, resource management and other fields.
- Conduct management consultancies (e.g. business process re-engineering studies, organisational reviews) on the services, operations or processes of the departments concerned.
- Provide resource management support, assessing proposals for manpower, financial and accommodation resources.
- Take up a variety of roles in policy bureaux/departments, such as assisting in the implementation and daily management of information technology systems and equipment, stakeholder engagement and publicity of certain government programmes..
1. a bachelor's degree from a university in Hong Kong, or equivalent; and
2. Level 2 in the two language papers (Use of Chinese and Use of English) in the Common Recruitment Examination (CRE) or equivalent results ;
3. a Pass result in the Aptitude Test paper in the CRE; and
4. a Pass result in the Basic Law Test (BLT) (Degree / Professional Grades).
1. Starting Salary
The entry pay for an Management Services Officer II is Master Pay Scale Point 14 which is at present HK$30,235 per month
2. Annual Vacation Leave
Annual vacation leave of 18 days per year
3. Fringe Benefits - medical and dental benefits.
4. Fringe Benefits - housing benefits.
For more details, please visit the website of Efficiency Office.
The application for Management Services Officer II (MSOII) Post for 2021-22 is closed. Applicants could watch the video below for better preparation of the interview.
(The video is broadcasted in Cantonese)