Understanding Clerical Assistant in one minute (CA)
(The Application is closed) Application Closing Date: 25/08/2022
- Clerical Assistant (CA) is mainly deployed on general and basic clerical duties which may involve multi-tasks relating to one or a combination of the following functional areas: (a) general office support; (b) personnel; (c) finance and accounts; (d) customer service; (e) licensing and registration; (f) statistical duties; (g) information technology support; and (h) other departmental support.
- CA is subject to posting to any government offices in any districts of Hong Kong; is required to use information technology applications in the discharge of duties; and may be required to work irregular hours or shifts and wear uniform at work.
- Master Pay Scale Point 1 (HK$14,080 per month) to Master Pay Scale Point 10 (HK$24,670 per month).
- Completed Secondary 4 with subjects studied including Mathematics, or equivalent; and
- Chinese word processing speed of 20 words per minute and English word processing speed of 30 words per minute, and knowledge in the application of common business software; and
- Attained a level of proficiency in Chinese Language and English Language equivalent to Secondary 4 standard; and
- A pass result in the Basic Law and National Security Law Test.
2022 Open Recruitment Exercise Timeline
- Application Period: Until 25 August 2022
- Skills Test: September 2022 to February 2023 (Chinese and English word processing speed test and test on the application of common business software including Microsoft Office Word 2016 and Excel 2016)
- Selection Interview: October 2022 to May 2023
- Earliest Batch of Offer of Appointments: November/December 2022
- Notification of Final Results of Selection Interview: Late June 2023
*The information on timeline and selection methods is for reference only.