What you need to know when applying for Lifeguard of LCSD
The Leisure and Cultural Services Department (LCSD) recruits lifeguards on civil service terms as well as on non-civil service contract terms according to seasonal and operational needs for providing life-saving services at its public swimming pools, gazetted beaches and water sports centres.
Schedule of Recruitment
The recruitment exercise of Seasonal Lifeguard will be conducted from around December to August every year. Applicants may also submit their job applications before the recruitment advertisement for the next swimming season. Such applications will be processed when the recruitment exercise for that swimming season starts. For more details, please visit the “Jobs Available” column on the LCSD website.
Seasonal Lifeguard is remunerated at more than $20,000 per month depending on the venues of work. Upon satisfactory completion of the contract and subject to satisfactory performance and conduct during the contract period, the incumbent is entitled to an end-of-contract gratuity.
(1) a valid Beach Lifeguard Award or Pool Lifeguard Award or above issued by The Hong Kong Life Saving Society;
(2) preferably possess a valid First Aid Certificate issued by the St. John Ambulance Association, Hong Kong Red Cross or Auxiliary Medical Service;
(3) attain a level of proficiency in Chinese and English languages equivalent to Primary 6 standard;
(4) pass the swimming and trade tests; and
(5) pass an eyesight test and the Ishihara's Test.
>>>For more information about the Beach Lifeguard Award and the Pool Lifeguard Award issued by The Hong Kong Life Saving Society, please visit the website of The Hong Kong Life Saving Society.
>>>For more information about the First Aid Certificate of the St John Ambulance Association, Hong Kong Red Cross or Auxiliary Medical Service, please visit the story "First aid certificate courses recognised by the Government".
How to apply
(1) Completed application form together with photocopies of relevant lifesaving awards (Pool Lifeguard Award or Beach Lifeguard Award or above) and First Aid Certificate should reach the enquiry address for applications. Please specify on the envelope "Application for Seasonal Lifeguard (Swimming Pool)" or "Application for Seasonal Lifeguard (Beach/Water Sports Centre)".
(2) Application forms [G.F. 340(Rev.3/2013)] are obtainable from any Home Affairs Enquiry Centres of District Offices, Home Affairs Department or any Job Centres of the Employment Services Division, Labour Department. The said form can also be downloaded from Civil Service Bureau's website.
Please watch the video for more information about the job duties of lifeguards.
Enquiry Address: Appointments and Establishment Unit, Support Section, Leisure Services Branch, 7/F., Leisure and Cultural Services Headquarters, 1 Pai Tau Street, Sha Tin, N.T., Hong Kong.
Enquiry Telephone: 2601 8050 or 2601 8040