Hash Tag - Youth.gov.hk
Skip to main content


Search Result: 15

DSE Way out: Has the HKDSE been recognised globally?

Has the HKDSE been recognised globally for admission purpose at tertiary institutions worldwide? The HKDSE qualification has gained wide recognition among various end-users, including the HKSAR government, which is the biggest employer, local tertiary institutions, as well as overseas authorities and governments, including Canada, US, UK, Australia, Europe and South East Asia. More than 280 tertiary institutions worldwide have indicated their acceptance of students with HKDSE qualification and overseas universities/institutions will continue to provide feedback. Students can apply directly to overseas universities or institutions using their HKDSE Examination results. >>>Details about the general admission requirements for HKDSE from different universities/ institutions>>>Updated information about the recognition of HKDSESome of the Mainland universities have admitted Hong Kong students on the strength of their HKDSE Examination results and exempted them from the Joint Entrance Examination for Universities in the People’s Republic of China. Starting from 2012, universities in Taiwan have also waived the Overseas Joint College Entrance Examination for Hong Kong students and consider their admissions on the strength of their HKDSE results.While submitting applications for admissionStudents intending to pursue university, foundation courses, commercial, technical or other courses in the Mainland / outside Hong Kong are reminded to collect in-depth information before submitting their applications. Students can access reference materials1 about non-local further studies on the Life Planning Information Website of Education Bureau. Besides, students may seek relevant information from the respective Consulates or Commissions of the countries concerned. Students are also advised to stay vigilant while submitting applications for admission, especially when it involves depositing a large amount of down-payment as registration or tuition fees.Authorised agencies for entering the Mainland placesAt present, the only organisations authorised to provide immigration facilities to enter the Mainland / places outside Hong Kong are China Travel Service (Hong Kong) Ltd. / the respective immigration services or Consulates in Hong Kong. Students should note that even if a visa is granted after making a payment to the travel agencies or other agencies, it does not imply that there is any connection between the two parties. Therefore, students should not get misled to believe that places of overseas education programmes or courses in the Mainland are secured after making payments to such agencies, or they have to bear the risks and loss so incurred. For enquiries, please contact the Career Guidance Section at 3698 4126.