Hash Tag - Youth.gov.hk
Skip to main content


Search Result: 3

[Subsidy] Any Subsidy for Studying in the Mainland?

Definitely! There is a subsidy scheme for Hong Kong students who are pursuing studies in the Mainland. To ensure that no students will be deprived of post-secondary education for financial reasons, the Mainland University Study Subsidy Scheme (MUSSS) is available for Hong Kong students. Mainland University Study Subsidy Scheme The MUSSS is available for eligible Hong Kong students pursuing undergraduate studies in 193 designated Mainland institutions. The MUSSS comprises two components: “means-tested subsidy” and “non-means-tested subsidy”. The subsidised period is the normal duration of the undergraduate programme pursued by the student concerned in a designated Mainland institution, and the subsidy is granted on a yearly basis.  Eligible applicants can only receive either a means-tested subsidy or a non-means-tested subsidy in a given academic year.  The MUSSS is not subject to any quota. Application Procedures Students may submit applications through the MUSSS Electronic Application Platform or by post.  New applicants must submit their applications via the MUSSS Electronic Application Platform or send the completed application forms and supporting documents by post to the Education Bureau on or before 8 September 2023.   Details of the Mainland University Study Subsidy Scheme>> Application form for the Mainland University Study Subsidy Scheme>> Higher education institutions in the Mainland also offer their own scholarships, grants, fee remission, etc.  For details and requirements, please refer to the information from individual institutions.     Source: Education Bureau - Mainland University Study Subsidy Scheme   

[Study] Study in the Mainland and Overseas

In recent years, more and more Hong Kong students are interested in having their further studies in the Mainland or overseas. Here are some methods which students commonly used for studying abroad. 1. Study in the Mainland A handbook (Chinese version only) jointly published by the Education Bureau, the China Education Exchange (HK) Centre and Hok Yau Club provides comprehensive information on the Scheme for Admission of Hong Kong Students to Mainland Higher Education Institutions and pursuing studies in the Mainland. The information includes all participating institutions in the academic year 2023/24, the programmes offered, strategy on programme choices, entry requirements and experiences shared by graduates of the Mainland universities. It also includes the latest development of the higher education in the Mainland and questions frequently asked by Hong Kong students regarding pursuing studies in the Mainland to provide students with further guidance. There are three major channels to apply for the undergraduate and postgraduate programmes provided by the higher education institutions in the Mainland: 1. Scheme for Admission of Hong Kong Students to Mainland Higher Education Institutions2. National Education Exam Authority, People’s Republic of China Joint Entrance Exam For Universities in PRC (JEE, PRC) 3. Independent Enrolment of Colleges and Universities If you wish to receive more details about the regarded application methods, please refer to "Further Studies in Mainland China" of the Life Planning Information Website of the Education Bureau and Student.hk of Hok Yau Club (Chinese version only). 2. Study Abroad There is a large number of overseas institutions and programmes, yet it is important for students to make choices for their future studies and plans. In order to help students to make right decisions, here are five suggestions extracted from the article published by Hok Yau Club. 1 Check the academic and professional accreditation recognised by the local governments2 Refer to the official information on further studies3 Consider not alone the international ranking but also other factors4 Prepare for academic evaluation after returning to Hong Kong5 Evaluate the learning outcomes and articulation opportunities for further studies  For details, please refer to the article "5 suggestions from experts for choosing post-secondary courses wisely" (Chinese version only) on Student.hk. If you wish to learn more details about the application method, visa application, general information about some popular overseas places of study, recognition of non-local qualifications of applying for non-local studies etc., please refer to "Non-Local Further Studies" of the Life Planning Information Website of the Education Bureau.   Sources:Education Bureau - Life Planning Information Website Hok Yau Club (Chinese version only)

Non-local Further Studies

Information on Non-local further studies  Young people intending to further their studies in Mainland China/ outside Hong Kong, please refer to the general information on non-local further studies for information search prior to making informed choices. Information of popular countries The United Kingdom, the United States of America, Canada and Australia are popular countries for non-local further studies. You can find these countries’ requirements for non-local students listed on useful information on specific countries. Frequently asked questions on non-local further studies It is also advisable that students understand the frequently asked questions on non-local further studies when considering studying outside Hong Kong. For further information about scholarship, please refer to Scholarships for details.