Hash Tag - Youth.gov.hk
Skip to main content


Search Result: 2

Financial Assistance for Students Studying Abroad

Studying abroad is a wonderful experience. It offers students a chance to enjoy school life and to visit a country at the same time. However, studying abroad is costly. Scholarships available for overseas studies  There are also other scholarship programmes offered by several memorial funds available for overseas studies e.g. the Sir Edward Youde Memorial Fund (including Fellowships for Overseas Studies for postgraduate students, Scholarships for Overseas Studies for undergraduate students and Overseas Fellowship / Scholarship for Disabled Students) and the Sir Robert Black Trust Fund - Scholarships. Scholarships for Agricultural and Fisheries Industries  The Agricultural Products Scholarship Fund and Marine Fish Scholarship Fund (Tertiary Education Awards) may offer support to persons related to agricultural and fisheries industries. Scholarships for Music or Dance If you want to pursue music or dance studies overseas, the scholarships awarded by the Hong Kong Jockey Club Music and Dance Fund are for you. It promotes training and education in music and dance through scholarships for young people to pursue an integrated programme at renowned institutions in music or dance studies outside Hong Kong Study at Japan  The Japanese Government (Monbukagakusho:MEXT) Scholarship (Undergraduate Student) provides opportunities for Hong Kong students who wish to continue their studies at universities in Japan. The awards are normally tenable for five years except for those majoring in Medicine, Dentistry, Veterinary Medicine or Pharmacy, whose term of scholarship is seven years. Each scholarship will normally cover tuition, accommodation, allowances, partial medical expenses and return passage. Scholarships provided by other organisations Local institutions and some organisations also offer scholarship programmes. Visit the relevant links of Student Finance Office, Working Family and Student Financial Assistance Agency and the Life Planning Information Website of the Education Bureau for further information.

Non-local Further Studies

Information on Non-local further studies  Young people intending to further their studies in Mainland China/ outside Hong Kong, please refer to the general information on non-local further studies for information search prior to making informed choices. Information of popular countries The United Kingdom, the United States of America, Canada and Australia are popular countries for non-local further studies. You can find these countries’ requirements for non-local students listed on useful information on specific countries. Frequently asked questions on non-local further studies It is also advisable that students understand the frequently asked questions on non-local further studies when considering studying outside Hong Kong. For further information about scholarship, please refer to Scholarships for details.