Hash Tag - Youth.gov.hk
Skip to main content


Search Result: 1

Working Outside Hong Kong

Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area The Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area (Greater Bay Area) comprises the two Special Administrative Regions of Hong Kong and Macao, and the nine municipalities of Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Zhuhai, Foshan, Huizhou, Dongguan, Zhongshan, Jiangmen and Zhaoqing in Guangdong Province.  Greater Bay Area brings invaluable new development opportunities to different sectors of the community, especially young people, in Hong Kong.  A series of concrete measures have been introduced to facilitate Hong Kong people living in the Mainland, please stay tuned if you are planning for studying or working in the Mainland. Residence Permit According to the Regulations, Hong Kong residents living in the Mainland who meet the relevant criteria can apply for residence permits.  A residence permit holder is entitled to enjoy, in accordance with the law, three categories of rights, six basic public services and nine facilitation measures in the place where he or she is residing, covering areas relating to daily living including employment, education, medical care, travel, financial services and so on. Working in the Mainland and Macao Working in the Mainland and Macao are options for jobseekers who want to enjoy the opportunities offered by the development of these two economies. Working Holiday Scheme If you want to broaden your horizons, here is another good recommendation - Working Holiday Scheme. Under the Scheme, you can apply for a working holiday visa and go to New Zealand, Australia, Ireland, Germany, Japan, Canada or Korea, etc. for holiday and take up short-term employment at the same time. You can gain valuable experience during your stay abroad. Is this kind of working experience what you are longing for? Contracts for Employment Outside Hong Kong Before working overseas, read the details of Contracts for Employment Outside Hong Kong for more about employment conditions in other places.