Jump to SearchJump to MenuJump to Content

Information Centre

Continuing Education

Continuing Education Fund

If you want to better equip yourself but also seek some form of financial assistance, you might consider the Continuing Education Fund (CEF).  It subsidises adult learners who enrol in the reimbursable education and training courses. Eligible applicants may submit an unlimited number of claims for reimbursement of course fees on successful completion of CEF reimbursable courses up to a maximum sum of HK$20,000.  The co-payment ratios by learners (i.e. the percentage of course fee to be borne by learners) for the first HK$10,000 subsidy is 20% of the course fee and that for the second HK$10,000 subsidy is 40% of the course fee.

Vocational Training Council part-time courses

The Government, through collaboration with different educational institutions, offers courses designed for different levels of people. The Vocational Training Council part-time courses offer various types of courses from certificates to higher diplomas for young people and working adults with different academic background and educational attainment. Most Higher Diploma courses are designed with multiple entry and exit points. You can plan your study schedule in accordance with your circumstances and needs.

Continuing education courses

In addition, other institutions and professional bodies also offer continuing education courses, giving you even more choices. Using the search engine, you can plan your learning according to your interested area of study, college, institution or tuition fee.

Yi Jin Diploma


The Government has also launched the Yi Jin Diploma programme which aims to provide an alternative pathway for secondary 6 school leavers as well as adult learners aged 21 or above to obtain a formal qualification for the purposes of employment and further study.

Higher-level courses offered by organisations outside Hong Kong


If you are considering courses offered by institutions outside Hong Kong, you have to visit the one-stop information hub for higher-level and professional courses offered by organisations outside Hong Kong. It has a comprehensive list of programmes, frequently asked questions, and other useful tips.