Local Start-ups Gain Business Opportunities from“Start-up Express”
There are quite a few outstanding start-ups in Hong Kong which are waiting for a chance to shine. The Hong Kong Trade Development Council (HKTDC) has launched the third edition of its entrepreneurship development programme “Start-up Express”. The pitching contest under the programme successfully concluded today as a judging panel selected exceptional start-ups to participate in local and international activities to build connections, explore markets, seek partners and enhance brand awareness.
3-min Pitch on Enterpreneuship Plan
The business focus of this year’s semi-finalists varies from AI, big data, biotechnology to IoT and robotics. They were invited to present their entrepreneurship idea at the final 3-min pitching and 3-min Q&A contest. Eleven exceptional start-ups and the AMTD SpiderNet Award was selected by the judge panel, while “My Favourite Start-up Award” was voted by online live poll. Click here to view the remarkable pitching performances of the awardees.
Start-up Express 2020 List of Winners
- Arical (Artificial intelligence, Big Data,Design)
- Arovia Hong Kong Limited (Advanced Materials)
- Bug Bros Biotech (Bio-tech, Eco-Tech, Internet of Things(IOT))
- Gense Technologies (Artificial intelligence, Internet of Things (IOT), Medical Technology, Microelectronics)
- ImBee (Big Data,CRM)
- Inovo Robotics (Advanced Materials, Robotics)
- Open Ocean Engineering Limited (Artificial intelligence, Eco-Tech,Robotics)
- Return Helper Limited (eCommerce)
- Shopkyo (Fintech)
- SPES Tech Limited (Chemical/ Bio-tech)
- Wineworld Xplorer (Big Data & Fintech)
AMTD SpiderNet Award: imBee Limited (Big Data,CRM)
“My Favourite Start-up Award” voted by online live poll: MICology Limited (Artificial intelligence, Big Data, Simulation)
(Click here for the profiles of the wining start-ups)
Expand Business to Overseas
The start-ups will be invited to exploratory sessions, power meet-up sessions with successful business leaders, business-matching sessions and local events organised by HKTDC, including Startup Zones at the Asian Financial Forum, spring and autumn editions of the HKTDC Hong Kong Electronics Fair and HKTDC Hong Kong International Medical and Healthcare Fair. The HKTDC will also bring the start-ups to the international stage by organising overseas missions and setting up Hong Kong Pavilions at international technology exhibitions – including CES in Las Vegas and MWC Barcelona. Visit the official website for more details.