[We Venture] How to apply a startup funding of up to HK$600,000
Wish to start your own business? The Youth Development Commission has rolled out the “Funding Scheme for Youth Entrepreneurship in the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area (GBA)” under the “Youth Development Fund”, which aims at providing a capital subsidy of up to HK$600,000, as well as entrepreneurial support and incubation services that befit the needs of young people who are about to start their businesses in Hong Kong and Mainland GBA cities. Read the following easy guide to learn more details of the scheme.
- Youth aged between 18 and 40
- Hong Kong permanent resident
- Start-ups that have not been in operation or have been in operation for not more than 3 years
- Business registration in Hong Kong
- Having a planned/established business in Hong Kong and/or Mainland GBA cities (start-ups may set up their business in Mainland GBA cities and/or in Hong Kong)
#Individual NGOs may prescribe additional application conditions. Please refer to the project details of the relevant NGOs.
Each start-up may receive a capital subsidy of up to HK$600,000
Entrepreneurial support and incubation services*:
- Assistance for settling entrepreneurial bases in Hong Kong and Mainland GBA cities
- Entrepreneurial guidance and business know-how
- Professional consultation services
- Business networking
- Market and supply chain development services
- Concessionary and facilitative measures for youth start-ups in various cities
*Each youth entrepreneurship project lasts for a maximum of 3 years
A total of 16 non-governmental organisations (NGOs) are funded under the scheme to implement youth entrepreneurship projects. Individual funded NGOs may further prescribe additional requirements for applicants (such as business nature, affiliation with the institutions, etc.). Interested applicants may refer to the We Venture website.