Emergency notes

While not all the Schemes require the applicants to take insurance plans during their stay in the host country, working holiday makers are strongly advised to take suitable medical (including repatriation), hospitalisation and liability insurance policy before departure to cover the possible related cost incurred abroad.

The Working Holiday Schemes for New Zealand, Ireland, Germany, Japan, Canada, Korea, France, United Kingdom and Austria require applicants to take out insurance plans throughout their stay in those countries.

If you lose your money, passport or any other things abroad, what can you do?

Report it first to the local police and request for a documentary proof of the loss. You may inform the diplomatic representative or consular organ of China in that state about the loss immediately, or call the 24-hour hotline of the Assistance to Hong Kong Residents Unit of the Immigration Department at (852)1868 to request for assistance.

Please refer to the following websites for relevant Chinese Diplomatic and Consular Missions:

Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the People's Republic of China:

Immigration Department of Hong Kong:

Popular articles about...
French Fantasy French visa how to apply who can apply notes emergency                     

Youth.gov.hk is a multimedia online platform designed for young people aged between 15 and 24 to access public service information. Collaborating with more than 200 Government bureaux/departments, related organisations and local youth, Youth.gov.hk offers information on areas such as employment, environment, art and innovation etc. Administered by Efficiency Office, we endeavour to connect with young people by developing new platforms and exploring new opportunities.
Facebook fanpage
Youtube channel