Hash Tag - Youth.gov.hk
Skip to main content


Search Result: 7

YETP of the Labour Department - Ocean Park Recruitment Day

The Youth Employment and Training Programme (YETP) of the Labour Department will organise the “Ocean Park Recruitment Day”. Ocean Park Corporation will offer more than 120 on-the-job training vacancies, including Aquatic Safety Trainee, Guest Services Associate, Ride and Attraction Host, Senior Sales Associate, Life Support Operations Operator, Security Guard, Cook and Waiter/Waitres without requirements on related academic qualification or work experience.. YETP trainees and interested young people may apply for the job and attend interview on-the-spot. Successful applicants will undergo on-the-job training with pay for the first 6-12 months of employment.

Y.E.S. Training Schedule - APR to JUN

All training programmes are FREE Enrol in training programmes of APR - JUN 2021 now!  

How to define myself as "employee" or "contractor or self-employed person"?

To avoid misunderstanding or dispute, the relevant persons should understand clearly their mode of cooperation according to their intention and clarify their identities, whether they are engaged as an employee or a contractor/self-employed person, before entering into a contract. This can safeguard mutual rights and benefits.Employees should note-  An employee should identify who his employer is before entering into an employment contract.- Before an employee considers changing his status to a contractor or self-employed person, he must cautiously assess the pros and cons involved, including the employment rights and benefits that he may lose in such a change.- An employer should not unilaterally change the status of his employee to a contractor or self-employed person without the consent of the employee.- A contractor or self-employed person should consider taking out a personal accident insurance policy with adequate coverage on his own. There is no one single conclusive test to distinguish an “employee” from a “contractor or self-employed person”. In differentiating these two identities, all relevant factors of the case should be taken into account. Please visit Labour Department website for more details. And the actual circumstances in each case are different, the final interpretation will rest with the court in case of a dispute. For the reference court cases, please click here for more details. If an employer fails to fulfil his obligations under the relevant legislation, the employee may call the Labour Department complaint hotline at 2815 2200 (information will be handled in confidence), or seek assistance in person at the offices of the Labour Relations Division of the Labour Department. For further enquiries about the differences between an “employee” and a “contractor or selfemployed person”, you may- Call the enquiry hotline: 2717 1771 (the hotline is handled by “1823”)- Visit the offices of the Labour Relations Division of the Labour Department (Click here for the addresses of the Offices)

Register for Job Alert!

Q: How to register the Job Alert? A: After successful Registration at the Interatcive Emplotment Service (iES) website, you can register for Job Alert service under "my home" to receive regular email notice which contains the most updated job vacancy information matching your job search criteria. Apart from that, you may use the employment services offered by the Labour Department. These include: - Save your job search criteria to receive a job list under "my home" which contains vacancies matching your job search criteria every time when you login iES website; - If you have chosen to receive information on employment services/ recruitment activities of the Labour Department upon registration, the system will notify you of such activities through e-mail or SMS. - Services of the Telephone Employment Service Centre [Telephone Hotline : 29690888]; - Employment services of the job centres throughout the territory;

Work Trial Scheme: Allowance provided for work trials?

Work Trial Scheme (the Scheme) aim to enhance the employability of job seekers who have difficulties in finding jobs through one-month (30 days) full-time or part-time work trial.The Scheme- Scheme participants will be arranged to work in real jobs for one month (30 days) offered by participating organisations.- During the work trial period, there is no employment relationship between the participant and the participating organisation.- Participating organisation should provide on-the-job training for the participant and appoint a mentor to coach the participant during the work trial period.- On completion of the one-month (30 days) full-time work trial, each participant will receive an allowance of up to $8,300 while the allowance for part-time work trial participant will be calculated at $49 per hour, of which $500 is contributed by the participating organisation.- The Labour Department will take out insurance for Scheme participants.Service sector is most supportiveFeedback from employers is encouraging. Among others, the service sector is most supportive towards the Scheme, followed by the import and export industry and the retail industry. As for the work trial posts offered, most of them are clerical support workers, elementary occupations and associate professionals. As at 31 December 2019, over 5,800 job seekers have been placed into work trials. Among those participants who have completed the one-month work trial, over 75% of them are offered employment. With effect from 1 May 2019, the amount of full-time work trial allowance has been increased from $7,600 to $8,300. The Scheme is also extended to cover part-time posts with the amount of part-time work trial allowance calculated at $49 per hour.For enquiries, please contact the Work Trial Scheme Co-ordinating Office hotline at 2152 2090 or visit the Labour Department website.

Susbcribe Hong Kong Public Holiday iCal 2021 to your electronic calendar!

The 12 statutory holidays for 2021 are:1. The first day of January - 1 January (Friday)2. Lunar New Year’s Day - 12 February (Friday)3. The second day of Lunar New Year - 13 February (Saturday)4. The fourth day of Lunar New Year - 15 February (Monday)5. Ching Ming Festival - 4 April (Sunday)6. Labour Day - 1 May (Saturday)7. Tuen Ng Festival - 14 June (Monday)8. Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Establishment Day - 1 July (Thursday)9. The day following the Chinese Mid-Autumn Festival - 22 September (Wednesday)10. National Day - 1 October (Friday)11. Chung Yeung Festival - 14 October (Thursday)12. *Chinese Winter Solstice Festival - 21 December (Tuesday) or Christmas Day - 25 December (Saturday)(*at the option of the employer)The third day of the Lunar New Year falls on a SundayAccording to the Employment Ordinance, when either Lunar New Year's Day, the second day of the Lunar New Year or the third day of the Lunar New Year falls on a Sunday, the fourth day of the Lunar New Year is designated as a statutory holiday in substitution. As the third day of Lunar New Year of 2021 falls on a Sunday, the fourth day of Lunar New Year will be designated as a statutory holiday. Please visit Labour Department website for more details. A statutory holiday is not equivalent to public holidayThe Employment Ordinance does not require an employer to grant leaves on public holidays to his/her employees.  In Hong Kong, in addition to Sundays, there are 17 public holidays, but the number of statutory holidays is only 12.  Public holidays such as Good Friday, the day following Good Friday, Easter Day, the Buddha's Birthday and the day following Christmas Day are not statutory holidays. Please click here for more details of statutory holidays and public holidays. >>>Click here to susbcribe Hong Kong Public Holiday iCal 2021 to your electronic calendar!

New Graduates-New Opportunities Scheme

The Hong Kong Chinese Enterprises Association launches the New Graduates-New Opportunities Scheme and provides university graduates with over 2 000 posts lasting for at least 6 months through its local member enterprises. TargetHong Kong residents holding bachelor degrees or above awarded by local institutions or institutions outside Hong Kong in 2019 to 2021. For participating organisation and vacancy details, please visit the website of Hong Kong Chinese Enterprises Association at http://job.hkcea.com/ EnquiriesPhone: 2296 8681 / 2296 8680Email: hr@hkcea.com