[Study] How to Prepare for Your Interview?
The key to success in getting in most tertiary education institution programmes is not academic performances only, but also your interview performances. An interview is a process that aims to foster communication and mutual understanding. Graduates may also prepare a Students Learning Profile (SLP) to summarise their learning experiences in senior secondary school.
Some of you may be doubtful while preparing for the interviews, here are some common questions from the students during the preparation of interview.
- What can I prepare before the interview?
- What are the common interview questions for different faculties?
- What are the purposes and common formats of the interviews?
- How to make a good impression at an interview?
- How to write the Students Learning Profile (SLP) strategically?
Answers of the above questions can be searched from the “Careers Guidance Handbook for Secondary School Graduates 2020” which is jointly published by the Education Bureau and the Hong Kong Association of Careers Masters and Guidance Masters. Moreover, there are some suggestions from the University Admission Officers on the ways of writing your Students Learning Profile.
Recommended chapters of the “Careers Guidance Handbook for Secondary School Graduates 2020”:
• Preparing for interview P.16
• Preparing Yourself for the HKDSE Results P.22
Most students will have the chance to go through admission interviews and have a better understanding of oneself throughout the preparation process. We believe that if you work hard and try your best, your efforts will pay off!